Need a chicken kebab quick? After something to go with a spicy lamb keema? Well this five minute flatbread is so easy to make you can have your other food cooked before you start. Find out how below.
- Greek yoghurt - 200ml
- Plain flour - 200g
- Bicarbonate of soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Good pinch of salt
- Olive oil to fry the flatbreads
Top tip - the yoghurt and flour can be increased or reduced as required, just keep to roughly the same ratios. If the dough is too sticky, simply add a bit more flour.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a large bowl with a spoon or fork.
- They will form into a soft dough.
- Flower your hands and knead the dough inside the bowl. It will probably be too sticky, so keep adding a little flour until it is smooth, but not too dry.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough a little more.
- Break the dough into golf ball sized pieces.
- Roll out the dough into a flat disc about 5mm thin.
- Put a large frying pan on a high heat.
- Add a little oil (I like olive oil).
- Place the flatbread in the pan and cook on a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with your favourite food.